Friday, July 7, 2017

Where Have I Been? Life Update

Hello All!

Wow, it's been forever and a day, hasn't it? 2017 has been an interesting year, to say the least, and these past few months have been no exception. One of my biggest life goals of the year was to take chances when it comes to my happiness...not settling for mediocrity because it's what I should do or what I am expected to do. I am fortunate that I have a spouse who is the definition of supportive, so when a job in my field popped up in the PNW, I took it. 


And on an adventure I went. No cat. No hubs to depend on. Just me...and teaching anthropology.
Obligatory plane wing picture


I made friends, pushed the boundaries of what I thought I was capable of doing, and I became intimate with the uncomfortable feeling of making mistakes. But, I learned so much about myself and about how much I love seeing people opening their minds to embrace new concepts of culture and the world.

View of the water from the city
And so, my writer-fam...with the seemingly-endless pile of grading threatening to drown me, and the content lectures and assessments I had to complete, words took a backseat to the job. I don't see this as a bad thing, but a new chapter in my life...a chapter I'm still figuring out.

Got to see the cherry blossoms bloom at University of Washington!


And my dreams of becoming a career author? Still intact, by all means. Adjunct teaching is no stable thing, and while I may have a job for a semester or two, it does not guarantee I will always be so lucky. Therefore, writing is something I want to do to bring in income as well as to fulfill the gnawing need for a creative outlet. But for now, life is taking some unexpected turns, and I am all too happy to follow.

And did I mention the coffee? 






My apologies for being a ghost these past months on this blog and on social media, but I'm afraid it will be this way for the foreseeable future. I am still here, however, and I am still a writer, and that's all that matters right now.

Thanks for sticking with me during this time. It means the world to me.


And as always, may your words be great and your pages many.

No comments:

Post a Comment