Monday, November 21, 2016

NaNoWriMo 2.0: December Edition

Hello all!

Welp... we are at the beginning of the end of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). How did you do? 50,000 words? 100,000 words? A MILLION WORDS?! If so, give yourself a pat on the back, you novel-writing unicorn.


But, if you're like me, perhaps you've fallen off the writing train for some reason or another. I'm sad to say I barely drafted 5000 words in a new WIP because I got distracted by RL obligation, current events, and plot bunnies for completely unrelated projects. Add to this a dash of self-doubt and a hearty helping of perfectionism and you have a recipe for plugged up words.

Which brings me to my core point: Would you like to join me on a "re-do" of NaNoWriMo?



Yep, that's right...December 2016 will be my drafting month for this year. I will treat December just as I would if it were November (which, I suppose, will not be unlike any other month for me since I am always writing). But, it will be nice to see the same sense of community I witnessed last year. 

So if you're WC is low (or you're on a roll), join me for NaNoWriMo 2.0. I'll mostly be on Twitter, so if you'd like to participate in wordsprints, you can find me there. In any case, just because we may have had a dry spell in November, doesn't mean we should stop writing.

Will you participate in NaNoWriMo 2.0?



Other posts you may find useful:


Self-Care for Creatives


Quick-Fire Tips for NaNoWriMo Plotting


NaNoWriMo: Then and Now




And as always, may your words be great and your pages many.




No comments:

Post a Comment