Monday, June 20, 2016

2016 Pitch Wars Warrior Bio

Hello All!

Today's blog post is part of a blog hop (#PimpMyBio) for 2016 Pitch Wars contestants. More info on the blog hop found here and info on #Pitchwars can be found here. So, without further ado, here's my bio! 


About Me:


Fun Fact 1: I have an MA in anthropology, specializing in culture, religion, and identity construction. I love these themes and topics so much, I even put them in the books I write.

Fun Fact 2: I love learning languages and traveling. At the moment, my strongest language other than my native tongue is Japanese (been learning it for 10 years, and I'm still not done!), and I am also learning Mandarin Chinese (also a little Hokkien Chinese). 

Fun Fact 3: I have a British Shorthair cat, Meela. She plays fetch. I <3 her.





Why Me?

Having gone through the grueling process that is thesis research, development, and presentation, I understand the revision and editing phase can be time-consuming and mentally taxing. I understand that the mentors want to help to the best of their abilities, but they can only do so much if someone doesn't put in the effort and work required to push the MS to its greatest potential. 


I have the time and energy needed to undergo extensive revisions (if needed), and I am open to any and all suggestions in regards to my MS. I typically communicate through e-mail, but I am also open to skype and google hangout sessions.


My strengths: I work hard, I'm enthusiastic about getting this manuscript the help it needs to shine, and I am willing to put in the hours needed to see that the task gets done.

What I need help with: Ultimately, my MS is a character-driven fantasy, but I do not want the plot to suffer because I have chosen to focus on individuals and their relationships. I struggle with really making fighting scenes pop out to the reader, so any help in that area would be greatly appreciated.

My MS


SHATTERPOINT is an Adult Fantasy, complete at 80,000 words. It is a standalone with sequel potential.

The world of Terravita is held together by four realms: one for mortals on land, one for mortals in the sea, one for the dead, and one for the celestial beings named Transcendents. These realms are connected by ties of energy that form stable barriers to ensure order in the world. While most people do not believe in this myth, or the myth that put the double moons in the sky, Elanna Nox is not one of these people.

As a Slayer in a compound known as Raeven's Den, it is Nox's job to hunt down mystic-blood beings, and her favorite things to hunt are dragons. She believes she is aiding Terravita in maintaining the order of the realms since any influx of magic, like the kinds found in mythic-bloods, breeds chaos and destruction due to its disturbance to the realms' barriers. But, she feels like something is missing in her life—a sense of purpose beyond killing, and a sense of belonging to a family she has never known.

But when Transcendents attack Raeven's Den looking to crumble the realms of the world, Nox discovers that the very people who raised her have been lying to her.

She now knows two absolute truths: that her family is not all dead, and that she is a mystic-blood dragon.

Armed with this knowledge (and a new sense of self-loathing), Nox escapes Raeven's Den, and must discover why she is being lied to, and what the Transcendents plan to do with the power of the realms in their possession. If she doesn't stop them, she will have no world in which to rebuild a family or her own sense of self.


Thank you so much for stopping by, and I look forward to getting to know more of you! You can follow me on Twitter 



Best of luck to all the contestants!





No comments:

Post a Comment